Transnetyx will be running regularly scheduled maintenance each Sunday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm CST, beginning this Sunday through the end of March. We will use these windows to improve our underlying infrastructure to improve our systems for you. During these windows, all Transnetyx sites may be down. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve our service to you.
Last Revised: January 7, 2021
The Site provides an opportunity for Transnetyx’s customers, investors, prospective employees, and other adults to learn more about Transnetyx. The Site and the App are particularly geared to our customer base — biotechnology researchers and life scientists — and to providing them with content and services geared to their industry, to the role they play in their organizations, and to helping them accomplish biological procedures faster, more reliably, and in a cost-efficient manner.
2. Information we may collect from you and how we collect it
When you use our Services, you provide contact information (e.g., your name, your organization, your address, your phone number, your credit card information, your email address, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, IP ports, and so on) (collectively, “Personal Data”). On this Site, for example, we may collect and retain contact and other Personal Data from you in a number of ways, such as when you place an order, request email updates or other information, complete customer surveys, or submit a feedback or contact form. When you contact us by phone, e-mail, or postal mail, we may also receive and process your personal data.
Credit card and other payment information may be collected over the telephone when you call Transnetyx regarding an order and to process a payment. We also collect Personal Data for you when you utilize the Services provided through our TAGCenter kiosks or if you provide Personal Data to us at a tradeshow or marketing event, such as one of our in-person demonstrations.
3. How we use information about you
Transnetyx uses information collected by clickstream data collection and cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, compile and analyze aggregate statistics and trends, and otherwise help administer and improve the Site. Where you provide registration information, cookies can also be used to identify you when you log onto the Site or portions of the Site.
Except as otherwise stated, Transnetyx may use information it collects from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to:
• to respond to your requests
• to improve the content and Services that Transnetyx provides
• to customize this Site and/or the App to your preferences
• to establish accounts to use the Services
• to communicate information to you (where you have not expressed a preference otherwise)
• to check on your account status
• to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies
• for research analysis
• to prevent or investigate fraud (or for risk management purposes), or to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims or to defend against legal claims
• to conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performances of our Services
• to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purpose
• and for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you (please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information below)
If we have obtained your consent, we may also use your information:
• to send you email and postal mail supplying customers with the most recent service information or to send you information about your order (e.g., order confirmations, shipment notifications, etc.)
• to send e-mail and postal mail to provide you with updates and news regarding Transnetyx and our industry
• to send confirmations and event notifications
3.3 Sharing Personal Data with third parties
3.4 Third-Party Service Providers
• Google Analytics. We have enabled Google Analytics to collect data about our traffic using Google advertisements and other anonymous identifiers. We use Google Analytics cookies and other cookies to compile data to better understand users and provide users with a more tailored experience. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add-on website here, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
3.5 How Personal Data is protected
Transnetyx takes measures online and offline to safeguard the Personal Data that you provide to us. Your data is protected once it reaches our network using secure multi-tiered firewalls. Portions of your data may also be encrypted on our storage server for additional security.
Nonetheless, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to or through this Site, our App, or any of our Services. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. By using our Site, App, and Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us or that are otherwise provided to us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Site and/or the App. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. By using our Site, App, and Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
Please notify us immediately at email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of Service security or of this Policy. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach only if and to the extent required under applicable law.
4.0 Your rights to your Personal Data
You expressly agree BY THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to these Terms or Your use of the Site shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Tennessee (and/or other US territories) In certain jurisdictions you may have the following rights and options regarding accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating your Personal Data, as well as how we use and disclose your Personal Data:
• Right to Access. We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Data.
• How to Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. You may choose to access or update your Personal Data as it exists in our records, by logging into the account you have created for yourself in Services account, if applicable.
Access to Personal Data. You may choose to access your Personal Data by contacting us and requesting access, a process which shall include our identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
Updating Communications Preferences (Opt-Out) and Unsubscribing. You may choose to receive promotional offers, newsletters, and similar communications from us regarding products and services of Transnetyx and our affiliated organizations. You may opt out of receiving such communications from us by communicating your preferences to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the case of emails, by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the applicable email.
Right to Rectify — Correction and Deletion. In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Right to Erasure / Be Forgotten. You may request that we delete your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as if holding the Personal Data is no longer necessary or if part of your Right to Object (below).
Right to Object. You have the right to object to the user of Personal Data for direct marketing or sales uses.
Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data.
Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request that we provide your Personal Data for the purpose of sharing it with another service provider (through a secure process).
Filing a Complaint. If you are not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
4.2 Access from Outside the United States
If you are visiting the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that Personal and Non-Personal Data may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States, which is our suppliers’ servers and databases are located and operated.
4.3 Contacting Us, Complaints and Dispute Resolution
In compliance with privacy standards and regulations, Transnetyx commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your information. European Union and Swiss individuals with privacy inquiries or complaints should first contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to resolve your issue and will respond within 45 days of receipt. If, however you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern and you are located in the EEA, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
4.4 Links to third party sites
4.5 Applicability of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Data without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Site or the App.
4.6 Your California Privacy Rights
These additional rights apply to California residents.
The California Privacy act of 2018, provides additional rights to know, delete, and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise these rights.
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosures, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
• Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or other number assigned to your account
• Customer records, billing and/or shipping address, and credit or debit card information
• Commercial information, including purchases and service agreements
• Internet activity, including your interactions with our employees
• Audio or visual data, including pictures or videos you may share with our employees
• Application data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us
• Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences etc.
For more information on the information that we collect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an authorized user of Transnetyx’s services, you represent that you will only provide information and use our services acting in your capacity as an owner, employee, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or other legal entity. You acknowledge that your communications and transactions with the company occur within the context of Transnetyx providing a service or products to the company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or other legal entity that you represent.
Right to Know and Delete
Consumers who are California residents (and not representatives of business, whether those businesses are our customers or others) have the right to delete the personal information that we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
• The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
• The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; and
• The specific types of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com. If you are a customer or user, can contact us by phone at 888-321-2113 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
If personal information about you has been processed by us as a service provider on behalf of a customer and you wish to exercise any rights you have with personal information, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our customer on whose behalf we processed your personal information. We will refer your request to the customer and assist them to the extent that we can as required by applicable law.
Right to Opt-Out
There are not known occasions that Transnetyx sells information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act. However, to the extent that your information is used or “sold” as defined under the Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us. You may submit a request to opt out by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 888-321-2113.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written authorization of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
4.8 Contact information